It’s a brand new year 2010 now. Where are my new year resolutions?
Getting very lazy lately on not updating this blog as often as I wanted to be. I was busily doing crocheting.. Yeah all the excuses…
Last few weeks of year 2009 I was doing some last minutes projects: a modified ‘Hobbes’ from my tiger pattern, some mini christmas wreath to give to my family and friends, roses for a friend. Currently I am working on a Strawberry shortcake blouse. I have placed my ‘Hobbes’ at etsy on sales now. Many viewers but no takers. Hmm..
Today I have finally take up the initiative to make out some resolutions for my future crochet projects:
1) Make a lightweight jacket from a design stated in Inside Crochet magazine (looking for soysilk yarn online, they are so expensive…)
2) Design something for the valentine gift season, hello kitty? Heart shape cushion? Roses? Any ideas?
3) Seriously updating this blog for more crochet techniques: from basic to advance. At least two times per week ( readers, please kick me if you don’t see any new blogs updates for a while :P)
4) venture to other kind of small accessories design like: hair bend, pin cushion, potpourri, etc.
5) Learn fulling (felting) – the process of shrinking knitted or crocheted pieces. You many wonder why would I want to shrink my precious handmade pieces so as to get a different kind of texture from its original pattern. I’ve been doing some researching on this and find it quite interesting. I think I would start something small first like, a small pouch or something.
6) Last but not least, finish all my half done projects which include: handbag, cushion cover or pot holder, tissue box cover or cushion cover? That is for myself to interpret and determin. haha!
So hope that I could fullfil what I have written above. Time will only tell..
A year later I will make a point to come back to this blog to update what I have actually done.
So have you done your new year resolution yet?